Friday, July 29, 2011

Eventually I'll get to doing updates Weekly - End of July

The week of the 18th to the 22nd was a blur. D had science camp for 3 hours every afternoon so our whole routine was thrown off and none of the little ones were napping and were all very grumpy every morning.

D managed to do some math and reading most days that week but that was all we tried to accomplish.

He had a great time at camp and they did all sorts of fun things. The first day was all about slime so they made different types of slime and made bouncy balls out of one of them. The second day was about bacteria - They went through the small cell exhibit that the museum has and also did cultures of the floor and bathrooms. The museum also has the Grossology exhibit about the gross things your body does so they talked about that and played with those exhibits. One day was "sticky" and they made all sorts of candy (that was a fun afternoon bringing home a tired sugared up kid!) The final day that made rubberbands and also made egg drop contraptions.

This past week we have been working on getting back into our normal routine and back to doing our normal amount of schoolwork. I also decided this week that I am going to try to do workboxes with D to help him see exactly how much work he has left to do because that is what causes the most whining when he doesn't know exactly what he has to do. I tried a listing of what we were going to do but since he can't physically see what is left he gets upset that it is too much to do.

I also started putting together some preschool/prek work for S. She complains everyday if I don't sit down with her and do "school work" with her after I am done with D. Hopefully this will help keep her happy and less complaining while I work with D. I also got her her own set of workboxes that she will split with R so they both have planned activities that they can do each day and hopefully stop destroying the house anytime I sit down with D.

I really need to be better about pulling out my camera. You'd never know that I used to have my own business and had my camera attached to me 24/7 before I got pregnant with E. I'm just so worn out most days that the thought of picking up the camera is more than I want to do.

Hopefully next week will be our last week without workboxes while I get them here and set up. Then we will be starting out our journey with those and hopefully they will work out for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment