Monday, June 6, 2011

First Week of First Grade

Last week we started our first week of First Grade

I decided to school year round since we live in the south and the summers are so hot and miserable that we are inside for most of the mid afternoon anyway so we might as well be doing school so we can take more days off in the fall when the nice weather is back and we want to spend the whole day at the park.

We took a 6 week break from mid April through to the beginning of June while I ordered new books and got everything ready for the next year. Thankfully most of our stuff is open and go so there wasn't a lot of preparation for me to do other than to spend a couple of days printing off a ton of stuff from all the ebooks/pdfs that I ordered.

D was excited to be starting school again. After we started our review in math I'm really glad that we didn't take anymore time off than we did. It took him those three days to get back to remembering his basic math facts. He still hasn't got back his fast recall that he had before our break but I'm sure that it will come back quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment